Constructing a backyard DIY coop is quite easy to do, so you don’t have to spend a fortune in order to buy an already made one.
Although there are many diy building plans online, not all of them are actually trustworthy. If you want to develop the perfect chicken house, there are a few things you need to consider:
- 1) Choose a location where it can receive a fair amount of sunlight and make sure that it’s high enough so that it will dry easily when it rains.
- 2) Pick the correct size.
- 3) Pick the right type: some breeds won’t be able to adapt to the weather in your area.
But, what kind of benefits do DIY chicken coops have?
- You will be able to save a lot of money because it’s much cheaper to construct your own poultry coop instead of buying a pre-built one.
- Your flock will be safe from dangerous weather and predators such as cats, foxes, hawks and coyotes.
- Your chickens will lay more eggs because they will live in a warm and relaxed environment.
- You and your family can have a lot of fun during the poultry coop building process.
Some of the supplies you will need include: corrugated iron to build the nesting area’s walls and any kind of box for the nesting boxes. You only need just a few household tools like hand saws, screwdrivers and hammers.
It will only take one afternoon to complete this fun DIY project and it can be a very rewarding experience for you and for all your family members.